Definition of cystectomy in English:
noun (plural cystectomies)
1A surgical operation to remove the urinary bladder.
- Choosing a hospital that either performs many cystectomies or has a high nurse-to-patient ratio minimizes post-operative complications after the procedure, according to a new study.
- The patient became transfusion dependent and subsequently underwent cystectomy and ileal conduit urinary diversion.
- All patients underwent cystectomy for bladder cancer and had regional lymph node metastases at the time of surgery.
2A surgical operation to remove an abnormal cyst: an ovarian cystectomy
More example sentences
- Her medical history included a cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and ovarian cystectomy for a benign cyst, all performed approximately 20 years before this presentation.
- During a laparotomy for ovarian cystectomy on a 38-year-old woman, the surgeon encountered extensive adhesions, making identification of the anatomic landmarks difficult.
- She had a history of a right ovarian cystectomy several years earlier but no history of sexually transmitted diseases or pelvic inflammatory disease.
Definition of cystectomy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan