Definition of cytocentrifuge in English:
A centrifuge used for depositing cells suspended in a liquid on a slide for microscopic examination.
- Differential cell counts were obtained from slides prepared using a cytocentrifuge.
- Total cell count was determined with a hemocytometer, and slides for differential cell counts were prepared with a cytocentrifuge.
- For the next step, thoroughly cleaned slides and a cytocentrifuge were used.
verb[with object] Back to top
Deposit (cells) on a slide using a cytocentrifuge: aliquots of suspended cells were cytocentrifuged
More example sentences
- Total cell counts from BAL fluid were counted in a hemacytometer, then cells were cytocentrifuged, and Wright stained.
- When a brothbased medium other than a Bactec bottle is received, the specimen is cytocentrifuged, stained, and, if positive, subcultured and probed.
- BAL fluid is routinely cytocentrifuged and stained with Papanicolaou stain.
Definition of cytocentrifuge in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan