Definition of cytosol in English:
noun[mass noun] Biology
The aqueous component of the cytoplasm of a cell, within which various organelles and particles are suspended.
- Ion-selective microelectrodes have been used to measure the activities of ions in the apoplast, cytosol and vacuole of single cells.
- Products of these genes are targeted into at least three cellular compartments: cytosol, chloroplasts, and mitochondria.
- These biochemical studies were instrumental for understanding the metabolite flux between plastid and cytosol.
- Example sentences
- Protein was determined in both microsomal and cytosolic fractions using the Lowry procedure.
- Cytoskeletal proteins are recruited from the cytosolic pool to the cell cortex, thereby reinforcing it.
- Most biotic and abiotic stresses elicit an increase in cytosolic free calcium concentrations.
Definition of cytosol in:
- US English dictionary