- My dada said that my mom left us too for doing groceries, when we were in bed, but my mom denied that.
- I love my dada and completely adore his eccentric ways.
- Young William loved these outings, so proud to be seen with his Dada.
late 17th century: perhaps imitative of a young child's first syllables (see dad).
- Driving through jungle roads for three hours, we reached a village to find the remnants of a fire started by the dadas.
- Born in Delhi to Punjabi parents who were refugees of the partition from Lahore, he has heard stories from his dadas.
- I had a meeting with about 90 dadas to discuss the future of their youth.
- After Channu dada's request, the Sanghatana filed a complaint with the collector in September 2002, demanding the release of his sons.
from Hindi dādā.
- Collage has been used in many major art movements, for example Dada, Surrealism, and Pop art.
- Here are jumbled together manifestos from the Bauhaus, Surrealism, Dada, the Suprematists and the Futurists.
- Members were united by their interest in Marcel Duchamp, Dada and the role of chance in art.
Dada was launched in Zurich in 1916 by Tristan Tzara and others, soon merging with a similar group in New York. It favoured montage, collage, and the ready-made. Leading figures: Jean Arp, André Breton, Max Ernst, Man Ray, and Marcel Duchamp
French, literally 'hobby horse', the title of a review published in Zurich in 1916.
- More example sentences
- He arrived in Berlin in 1920, where he was influenced by Dadaism, Suprematism, and particularly Constructivism.
- Dadaism, Surrealism, and Futurist performance activities seem to have shared a similar spirit of exploration, of breaking down boundaries, of looking to process instead of product.
- Abstract Expressionists also borrowed ideas from other modern art ‘isms’ such as Dadaism and Surrealism.
- More example sentences
- The use of food as an artist material, for example, dates from the beginning of the 20th century, when Dadaists, Surrealists and Futurists first began experimenting with food as a medium, be it chocolate, bread, sausage or candy.
- While living in Paris, Dali joined forces with a group of artists who called themselves the surrealists, then led by former Dadaist André Breton.
- Like the kindred Surrealists and Dadaists before him, Spoerri favored activities that enhanced the role of chance in his art works.
Definition of dada in:
- The US English dictionary