noun[mass noun] • informal
- Rock music that appeals to an older generation, or that is heavily influenced by that of an earlier era: some reviewers deride his current style as dadrock—music that shouldn’t appeal to self-respecting teenagersMore example sentences
- They may have made some friends among the rock hierarchy, but the music press was not so flattering, dismissing their music as "dad rock".
- Credited (and later damned) with inspiring the mid-1990s revival of guitar music - or dad rock, to detractors - he now finds himself being referenced by new bands.
- He still found a slot for Sir Paul McCartney, and huge slabs of dad rock.
More definitions of dadrockDefinition of dadrock in:
- The US English dictionary