A bulbous European plant which typically bears bright yellow flowers with a long trumpet-shaped centre (corona).
- Genus Narcissus, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae): several species, in particular the common Narcissus pseudonarcissus and its varieties.
More example sentences
- Fall is the time to plant the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths that bloom in the spring.
- The school grounds will soon be awash with bright yellow daffodils as the flowers emerge from their bulbs.
- This daffodil produces a yellow flower with an extremely long trumpet.
Definition of daffodil in:
- The US English dictionary