Definition of daffy in English:
adjective (daffier, daffiest)informal
Silly; mildly eccentric: another one of his daffy dad’s catchphrases
More example sentences
- The works often delve into the lives of the quirky, the eccentric, and the just plain daffy with comic precision and a certain amount of heartwarming pathos.
- The site missed the news that the distinctively daffy television presenter has been named the top British secret fantasy figure.
- This account of seemingly genuine claimants, reckless pretenders, daffy charlatans and patently mad pretenders to the French crown is the stuff of high farce.
- Example sentences
- I daren't mention my fears to the Other Half, because whatever charm my daffiness may have held in the early days of our romance, the gilt has definitely worn off the gingerbread since then.
- The film's celebration of sheer human daffiness never descends into whimsy.
- Hoping to successfully merge daffiness with doctrine, it has a lot to say about censorship and self-righteousness.
Words that rhyme with daffytaffy
Definition of daffy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.