1(In Indian cookery) split pulses, in particular lentils.
- Some seeds are consumed as green peas, but most are turned into dal (split pulse) More dal is made from pigeon peas than from any other legume except channa.
- The meal may include chapati, dal, vegetables and rice pudding.
- This is a lovely soup that is based on Indian dhal, which tastes best when it is heavy on the ginger.
1.1A dish made with these.
- If you opt for the non-vegetarian platter, you get roti, dal, veg pulao and raita, chicken gravy, kebab and gajjar ki halwa.
- Serve with luchis (fried puffy bread) or with rice and Bengali dal (sweet-and-sour lentils).
- Combine the moong dal and the lentils in a bowl and wash in several changes of water.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan