Small pieces of dead skin in a person’s hair: there was a certain amount of dandruff on the shirt
More example sentences
- How conscious people have become about skin and acne and about hair and dandruff.
- Her greasy brown hair was held back in pigtails flaked with dandruff, and congealed hair grease.
- Nits stick to the hair while things like dandruff and dried hairspray flakes can be blown away.
mid 16th century: the first element is unknown; the second (-ruff) is perhaps related to Middle English rove 'quality of being scurfy'.
- More example sentences
- Ichthyosis is a malformation of the skin characterized by dryness, roughness, and thickening of the epidermis which is cast off in dandruffy to plate-like scales.
- His fur, which was very dull and dandruffy, is now sleek and beautiful.
- Early stages may be characterized by scratching, dandruffy skin, and discomfort.
Definition of dandruff in:
- The US English dictionary