- A large slender-bodied dragonfly. Also called darning needle, devil's darning needle.
More example sentences
- Family Aeshnidae: several genera
- A green darner dragonfly is fitted with a tiny radio tag to help scientists study its migration.
- Green darners are one of nine long-distance migratory dragonflies in North America.
- Darners and other large dragonflies often emerge at night, when they are safer from predators.
More definitions of darnerDefinition of darner in:
- The US English dictionary