Definition of day school in English:
1A non-residential school, typically a fee-paying one.
- I left boarding school at 16 to attend a day school to achieve the high academic standards necessary for my tertiary studies.
- The day school at elementary as well as secondary levels was introduced in the era of prosperity in many European countries, and reduced family life during the day.
- Cheryl attended a Catholic day school and her parents attended residential schools.
2British A short educational course on a particular subject: a day school on canine communication
More example sentences
- The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority is holding a free family history day school at the Dales Countryside Museum, Hawes, on Saturday.
- Alliance Francaise De York offers French classes, study tours, day schools and cultural activities.
- Anti-war campaigners from Camden came together for a successful day school last week to discuss the consequences of the war.
Definition of day school in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan