Definition of deaerate in English:
Remove dissolved air from (a substance).
- Copper corrodes at negligible rates in unpolluted air, water, and deaerated nonoxidizing acids.
- In the laser flash photolysis measurements the solutions were deaerated by purging with nitrogen.
- The solutions were first deaerated by purging with gaseous NZ directly in the EPR cell for 10 min, then a small quantity of oxygen was added to the solution by injecting measured 1 mL of air into the purging line after the NZ was turned off.
- Example sentences
- There are four basic steps in boiler water treatment programs: clarification, demineralization and softening, deaeration, and the addition of amines.
- Mechanical and chemical deaeration is an integral part of modern boiler water protection and control.
- It is essential that sufficient venting is provided at all times or deaeration will be incomplete.
Definition of deaerate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan