Definition of deaerate in English:
Remove dissolved air from (a substance).
- Copper corrodes at negligible rates in unpolluted air, water, and deaerated nonoxidizing acids.
- In the laser flash photolysis measurements the solutions were deaerated by purging with nitrogen.
- The solutions were first deaerated by purging with gaseous NZ directly in the EPR cell for 10 min, then a small quantity of oxygen was added to the solution by injecting measured 1 mL of air into the purging line after the NZ was turned off.
- Example sentences
- There are four basic steps in boiler water treatment programs: clarification, demineralization and softening, deaeration, and the addition of amines.
- Mechanical and chemical deaeration is an integral part of modern boiler water protection and control.
- It is essential that sufficient venting is provided at all times or deaeration will be incomplete.
Definition of deaerate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.