Definition of debridement in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound.
- Abscess drainage or debridement of necrotic tissue may be necessary.
- Maintenance of a moist wound microenvironment and debridement of necrotic tissue increase wound healing rates and reduce pain.
- Patients require referral to a dentist within 24 hours for drainage and debridement of the infected periodontal area.
- Example sentences
- Most chronic wounds require some method of debridement; however, some wounds should not be debrided.
- Once she was mobile, she began her daily trips to "the tank," where her wounds were debrided.
- Three subjects had their wounds debrided to less than 50 % necrotic tissue prior to study enrollment.
Definition of debridement in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan