A plane figure with ten straight sides and angles.
- How much more sacred than our triangle would be a square, a pentagon, a decagon, a figure with a hundred sides?
- Decagons Here is a decagon - a 10-sided regular polygon with all its angles equal and all its sides the same length - which has been divided into 10 triangles.
- You can buy 10-sided dice (bi-pyramids) or else you can cut out a decagon (a 10-sided polygon with all sides the same length) from card and label the sides from to 9.
- Example sentences
- We find that some atoms leave the decagonal layers to form icosahedral clusters.
- The first few odd decagonal numbers are 1, 27, 85, 175, 297,…, and the first few even decagonal numbers are 10, 52, 126, 232, 370, 540,….
Mid 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek dekagōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of dekagōnos 'ten-angled'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: deca|gon
Definition of decagon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.