Definition of decarbonize in English:
1.1Remove carbon or carbonaceous deposits from (an engine or other metal object).
- In the original cooling or through subsequent heat treatment, a matrix can be internally decarbonized or carburized by depositing graphite on existing sites or by dissolving carbon from them.
- This machine can decarbonize any petrol engine.
- The simple construction meant that you could motor to work, strip and decarbonise the engine during your lunch break ready to motor back home again at end of the working day
- Example sentences
- The first to produce a no-flash-point, water-based, solvent decarbonizer and degreaser, formulated to replace volatile and dangerous solvents.
- Once the contents of the whole can is mostly used up, drop to an idle while expending the remaining decarbonizer till the engine stalls.
- A Super Active, High Strength grease dissolver and decarbonizer for use on most grease covered surfaces, including floors, walls, grills, ovens, deep fryers, hoods, engines, fans and machinery.
Definition of decarbonize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan