- The problem of finding a way to decide whether a formula or class of formulas is true or provable within a given system of axioms.More example sentences
- He worked on mathematical logic solving certain cases of the decision problem for the first order predicate calculus, simplified results of Bernays, and worked on ideas of Post, Gödel and Church.
- In a lecture given at Harvard during 1939-40 Tarski said: -… the solution of the decision problem in its most general form is negative.… [Surely] many mathematicians experienced a profound feeling of relief when they heard of this result.
- This is a representation of ‘all logical and physical relations between variables representing the decision problem being examined.’
1930s: translation of German Entscheidungsproblem.
More definitions of decision problemDefinition of decision problem in:
- The US English dictionary