- The axis of an equatorially mounted telescope which is at right angles to the polar axis, about which the telescope is turned in order to view points at different declinations but at a constant right ascension.More example sentences
- The counterweight attached to the declination axis is there to balance the weight of the optical tube.
- Set the telescope base so the declination axis is as precisely horizontal as possible.
- In this position, the telescope tube can swing up and down in altitude about the declination axis.
More definitions of declination axisDefinition of declination axis in:
- The US English dictionary