Definition of decriminalize in English:
Cease to treat (something) as illegal or as a criminal offence: a battle to decriminalize cannabis
More example sentences
- What is clear from this brief examination is that the decision to criminalise or decriminalise particular activities, whether by judicial decision or legislation, is far from straightforward.
- This measure formally decriminalized the use of illegal drugs.
- Federal and local governments are liberalizing drug laws, decriminalizing marijuana and allowing safe-injection centers to open in Vancouver.
- Example sentences
- But the committee, chaired by Labour MP Chris Mullin, firmly ruled out legalisation or decriminalisation of illegal drugs and said it was a step into the unknown.
- He does not, so far as we know, support decriminalization of drugs.
- The Committee recommends decriminalization of prostitution.
Definition of decriminalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan