- 1Devoted to a task or purpose: a team of dedicated doctorsMore example sentences
committed, devoted, staunch, stalwart, firm, steadfast, resolute, unwavering, loyal, faithful, true, dyed-in-the-wool, through and through; wholehearted, single-minded, enthusiastic, eager, keen, earnest, zealous, driven, ardent, passionate, fervent, fervid, fanatical; hard-working, dutiful, diligent, assiduous, studious; sworn, pledged
- A great Christian, she was dedicated to her God and her church and gave many hours of dedicated service to the Cathedral in Ballina.
- Tributes were paid to Willie Healy who stepped down as treasurer after many years of devoted and dedicated service.
- Many important decisions were approved and the Chairman thanked the committee for their dedicated voluntary service for the good of the parish.
- 2Exclusively allocated to or intended for a particular purpose: a dedicated high-speed rail link from the Channel TunnelMore example sentences
- This allows problems on a network to be diagnosed and reported in a variety of ways, be it by e-mail, web page or dedicated terminal.
- With a desktop pc, you can buy a dedicated graphics card just to serve a graphics intensive application.
- Second Harvest created a dedicated Web page for the newsletter readers with links to further information on the topics that were covered in the newsletter.
- More example sentences
- Nick Land was the key figure here, in that it was he who was able to hold, for a while, a position ‘within’ a university philosophy department whilst dedicatedly opening up connections to the outside.
- But that doesn't stop photographer James dedicatedly doing his job as he crouches on the runway to capture the touchdown for prosperity.
- The last time I remember ever having dedicatedly listened to radio was almost fourteen years ago.