- Used to refer to the possession of abundant financial resources: these companies have very deep pockets and don’t mind spending a lot of loot to get their projects off the groundMore example sentences
- Yet, while the manufacturers have deep pockets, many employers are small.
- They lost their appeal, having unsuccessfully fought a large corporation with very deep pockets.
- If not, anyone out there with deep pockets can contact me and I will do it.
- More example sentences
- Pay any more, and you enter into a rarefied world inhabited by passionate and deep-pocketed collectors; the rest of us usually pass by with a shake of the head.
- The evidence of Scotland's enduring popularity for the deep-pocketed property magnate is everywhere.
- These deep-pocketed owners have a keen interest in making sure their clubs remain among the international elite.
More definitions of deep pocketsDefinition of deep pockets in:
- The US English dictionary