- A disease caused by the lack of an element in the diet, usually a particular vitamin or mineral.More example sentences
- This was determined to be one of the vitamins that prevented beriberi, a deficiency disease marked by inflammatory or degenerative changes of the nerves, digestive system and heart.
- This is an extremely low level, and it represents only the amount needed to prevent health problems such as scurvy, a vitamin deficiency disease.
- A few years, ago, an American Medical team in India found thousands of children suffering from Kwashiorkor, a protein deficiency disease.
More definitions of deficiency diseaseDefinition of deficiency disease in:
- The US English dictionary