- A payment made, typically by a government body, to cover a financial deficit incurred in the course of an activity such as farming.More example sentences
- He made the decision to take the 0/92 payment (you got 92% of your deficiency payment if you harvested no crop).
- Expressed as a percentage of the guaranteed price paid to farmers, the deficiency payment remained virtually unchanged, from 14.97 percent in 1993 to 14.28 percent in 2000.
- This protection came in the form of a federal crop insurance program, ad hoc disaster payments, and deficiency payments.
More definitions of deficiency paymentDefinition of deficiency payment in:
- The US English dictionary