- The rapidly growing yearling is further jeopardized when twice daily feedings are already marginal or deficient in protein quality.
- The summer growing season of kenaf corresponds with low quality forages deficient in protein in the Southeast.
- I told myself that my attitude, knowledge, and skill cost a patient's life and I was deficient in all those qualities that a doctor should have.
- The report accuses prosecutors of conducting deficient investigations or presenting inadequate evidence at the trials.
- She blames deficient preparation and insufficient commitment on the part of the school, but she also notes impediments in the exams themselves.
- Similarly, she has not observed or complained about any deficient workmanship in the insulation and drywall and she believes that none exists with respect to her residence.
- Example sentences
- In this case supply did take place but it took place late or deficiently.
- Virtue, then, is a reliable disposition whereby one reacts in relevant situations with the appropriate feeling - neither excessive nor deficient - and acts in the appropriate way - neither excessively nor deficiently.
- Likewise Liev Schreiber (Jakob the Liar) played a deficiently intellectual snob to perfection.
Late 16th century (originally in the theological phrase deficient cause, denoting a failure or deficiency that has a particular consequence): from Latin deficient- 'failing', from the verb deficere (see defect1).
Words that rhyme with deficientcoefficient, efficient, proficient, sufficient
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: de|fi¦cient
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.