- 1The action or process of deforming or distorting: solid rock undergoing slow deformationMore example sentences
- Bridges can be designed either to remain elastic during the design earthquake or to undergo irreversible but controlled deformation or displacement.
- The possibility that this scrappy specimen has also undergone very significant deformation should be considered.
- When the load exceeds a value corresponding to the yield strength, the specimen undergoes gross plastic deformation.
- 1.1The result of a distorting process: the deformation will be temporaryMore example sentences
- Fatigue results in a brittle-appearing fracture, with no gross deformation at the fracture.
- If you weigh 80 kg or more, you must be especially vigilant and have your bicycle inspected regularly for any evidence of cracks, deformation, or other signs of fatigue or stress.
- The X-ray showed no apparent damage or deformation.