Definition of degenerative in English:
1(Of a disease) characterized by progressive deterioration and loss of function in the organs or tissues.
- The embryonic stem cells could then be used in transplantation therapy in patients with degenerative diseases of other tissues.
- Ataxia telangiectasia is a progressive degenerative disease that involves a large number of major body systems.
- This damage impairs the immune system, leading to infections, cancer, or degenerative diseases such as heart disease.
1.1Of or tending to decline and deterioration: the young generation had fallen into a degenerative backslide
More example sentences
- What we see speaks volumes on our degenerative state of affairs.
- This is a degenerative situation and once started, the dominoes start falling and the entire defensive infrastructure collapses.
- I think the terms ‘liberal’ and ‘conservative’ are simply degenerative.
Definition of degenerative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.