Causing a loss of self-respect; humiliating: the prisoners were subjected to cruel and degrading treatment
More example sentences
- ‘It exposed a level of degrading and humiliating treatment of elderly people that should not be tolerated in this or any other society,’ he said.
- But if he's captured in a humiliating or degrading way, it may discourage people from joining the movement.
- Regarding the incident as one more humiliation in a degrading illness, I shuffled down the hall to a dirty, cramped toilet compartment.
- More example sentences
- He also demands answers as to ‘Why I was physically abused, and degradingly stripped by force, then paraded in front of several cameras toted by personnel.’
- ‘That was the easiest test of the year,’ someone said degradingly behind them.
- But because they have been so degradingly de-funded, we have allowed our schools to be left without the resources to resist this deal with the devil.