Definition of deleterious in English:
Causing harm or damage: divorce is assumed to have deleterious effects on children
More example sentences
- The world situation has had deleterious effects on a couple of international film festivals this week.
- And finally, it examines the deleterious effect that this might have on the performer and the people around them.
- I think, to that degree, it may have had a deleterious effect upon the medium since then.
- Example sentences
- Other Faiths have other tenets, and should be allowed to practice their religion as they see fit, always providing that practice does not deleteriously affect others.
- That is, as long as adventure travel doesn't deleteriously affect the sacred traditions of the region.
- If you inherit a disease from your grandmother and it is a disease that manifests itself in the third generation, you yourself will be deleteriously affected.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan