- 1(Of organic matter) become liquid, typically during decomposition.More example sentences
- Leave somewhere warm for several days to allow the mushrooms to deliquesce.
- 1.1 Chemistry (Of a solid) become liquid by absorbing moisture from the air.More example sentences
- In situ aerosol pH is the pH value of deliquesced aerosols in the atmosphere.
- It is necessary, however, to be packed in a container, since the salt is deliquesced with absorption of moisture in air.
mid 18th century: from Latin deliquescere 'dissolve', from de- 'down' + liquescere 'become liquid' (from liquere 'be liquid').
More definitions of deliquesceDefinition of deliquesce in:
- The US English dictionary