noun[mass noun] • informal
- Acceleration: four hundred knots of delta-vMore example sentences
- Their main characteristics are warhead energy, acceleration, and total delta-v.
- Below acceleration durations of perhaps 50 to 100 milliseconds, the acceleration tolerance versus time curve tends to follow lines of constant velocity change, or delta-v.
- Further, they don't have the gravity-well problems which Mars and other planets have, and travel between asteroids will always be expensive in either time or delta-vee.
late 20th century: from delta1 (as a mathematical symbol denoting variation) + v for velocity.
More definitions of delta-vDefinition of delta-v in:
- The US English dictionary