- archaic term for schizophrenia.More example sentences
- Emil Kraepelin proposed links between dementia praecox and hormones in 1892.
- Schizophrenia, which used to be called early dementia or dementia praecox, is a devastating mental illness.
- Among the illnesses he described were manic-depression and dementia praecox, a disorder renamed schizophrenia (split mind) by the Swiss psychiatrist Eugene Bleuler in 1911.
Latin, literally 'early insanity'.
More definitions of dementia praecoxDefinition of dementia praecox in:
- The US English dictionary