- A being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank: some Roman emperors claimed descent from demigods such as HerculesMore example sentences
- The first and most important is the belief in the absolute oneness of God, the unitary nature of the divinity that allows for no pantheon of saints, demigods or divine consorts and children.
- These are conceived in terms of various spirits, ancestors, demigods, demons, and so on.
- This demigod assisted Lord Shiva in controlling the ghosts and goblins and hence it was considered important that he be satisfied by an offering of beautiful artifacts for his temple.
mid 16th century: translating Latin semideus.
More definitions of demigodDefinition of demigod in:
- The US English dictionary