Definition of demist in English:
verb[with object] British
Clear condensation from (a vehicle’s windscreen): (as adjective demisting) the cabin should be fitted with demisting equipment
More example sentences
- Its problem is that the heater system is inadequate to demist the front windscreen.
- ‘We had to provide equipment to demist it, otherwise you'd only have seen them through Scotch mist,’ Masters said.
- All the windows on the car are glass (including the rear) and they all feature ‘invisible’ heating elements to promote rapid demisting and defrosting.
- Example sentences
- This deals with the heavier demands placed on a car in winter conditions, as cold starts plus increased use of heater systems, headlights and rear demisters all take their toll.
- This car comes standard with air conditioner, power steering, central locking, electric windows, electric side mirrors, rear wiper and demister, cupholders and remote bootlid and fuel flap release.
- The demisters stopped working and it was real heavy rain and I couldn't see anything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan