- A form of mange caused by follicle mites and tending to affect chiefly the head and foreparts. Compare with sarcoptic mange.More example sentences
- Most pets that have demodectic mange are young, which is a big aid in the diagnostic process.
- Dogs infected with scabies or demodectic mange should be groomed following the advice of your veterinarian only.
- Occasionally, an animal will develop demodectic mange as an adult; however, this usually means that the animal has another medical condition that is compromising the immune system.
late 19th century: demodectic from modern Latin Demodex (from Greek dēmos 'fat' + dēx 'woodworm') + -ic.
More definitions of demodectic mangeDefinition of demodectic mange in:
- The US English dictionary