- 1A participant in a public protest meeting or march: troops opened fire on crowds of demonstratorsMore example sentences
- Social unrest was exploding as anti-war protestors and civil rights demonstrators used the public stage to express their views.
- The small crowd of about 1,000 demonstrators was obliged to march three kilometres from a neighbouring train station.
- Hundreds of demonstrators marched in the center of the city today to protest his visit.
- 2A person who shows how a piece of equipment works or how a skill or craft is performed: the demonstrators arrived and launched into a two-hour sales pitchMore example sentences
- With snow not normally found at this time of year, even in the nearby Peak District, the demonstrators took to trampolines to give a display of their skills.
- The wide-ranging project will allow visitors to try their hands at age-old country crafts with the help of trained demonstrators.
- The speeches at the Placa de Tetuan were repeated four times as demonstrators continued to arrive.
- 2.1A person who teaches by demonstration in a laboratory: she was appointed demonstrator in botany at Newnham CollegeMore example sentences
- Peer teachers in the second year of the laboratory sequence act as demonstrators, coaches and evaluators.
- She had previously taught in secondary schools and as a demonstrator at the university.
- Up to 100 council staff left their desks to join school students and other demonstrators disrupting rush hour traffic in Bradford and York.
- 2.2A piece of merchandise which can be tested by potential buyers: the dealer represented the car to be new when it had been used as a demonstratorMore example sentences
- The company expects to start first test flights on a demonstrator by the end of 2003.
- The team at the University of Strathclyde have proved this mathematically, and we've now built a demonstrator to test it practically.
- Following the successful completion of the demonstrator tests, the system entered full-scale development and pre-production.
More definitions of demonstratorDefinition of demonstrator in:
- The US English dictionary