Definition of denervate in English:
verb[with object] Medicine
Remove or cut off the nerve supply from (a body part or organ): (as adjective denervated) the denervated muscle fibres
More example sentences
- Surgical options in the treatment of sialorrhea include surgery on the salivary glands and ducts, and surgery to denervate the glands.
- Diagnosis of the condition can be difficult because transplant recipients have denervated hearts and rarely present with chest pain.
- Injury to the long thoracic nerve denervates the serratus anterior muscle and causes a winged scapula.
- Example sentences
- For cases where the etiology cannot be determined, ilio-inguinal nerve block or microsurgical denervation may relieve the pain.
- Electrophysiological examination showed evidence of chronic partial denervation and reinnervation only in the upper limb segments.
- Muscles biopsies also showed scattered atrophy consistent with the process of denervation.
Definition of denervate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan