Definition of denominational in English:
Relating to or according to the principles of a particular religious denomination: denominational schools
More example sentences
- Moreover, it would be a mistake to imagine that the extensive denominational press was narrowly sectarian.
- Most school boards taught religion but not denominational doctrine, which was, from the bishops' point of view, bad enough.
- Although secular instruction was given in common, denominational religious teaching was conducted separately.
- 1denominationalism noun
- Example sentences
- From my point of view, in sum, it is not the culture wars in the churches that signal the decline of denominationalism and the seriousness of religious commitment.
- These books suggest that our commitments in their totality may be more important in choosing a church than denominationalism or form and style of worship.
- What is their new vision of the ecumenical future, and can it be accommodated within the old wineskins of denominationalism?
Definition of denominational in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.