- A formula expressing the number and kinds of teeth possessed by a mammal. A dental formula is usually written in the form of four ‘fractions’, one for each type of tooth, with the upper and lower lines describing the upper and lower jaws respectively.More example sentences
- Ellis claimed that the two populations could be separated based on slight differences of their respective dental formulae.
- Their dental formulae and molar shape vary considerably among species.
- The dental formula of tapirs is similar to that of the equids.
More definitions of dental formulaDefinition of dental formula in:
- The US English dictionary