Definition of dental hygienist in English:
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth, and giving advice on oral hygiene.
- General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.
- Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.
- In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.
dental hygiene noun
- Example sentences
- Despite these advances, however, tooth decay remains an epidemic in lower socioeconomic and medically compromised populations because of poor dental hygiene and lack of preventive care.
- The family physician should encourage good dental hygiene that includes brushing of the teeth and gums, and regular flossing.
- Dry mouth is also a possible side effect and can affect dental hygiene.
Definition of dental hygienist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan