Definition of dental hygienist in English:
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth, and giving advice on oral hygiene.
- General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.
- Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.
- In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.
dental hygiene noun
- Example sentences
- Despite these advances, however, tooth decay remains an epidemic in lower socioeconomic and medically compromised populations because of poor dental hygiene and lack of preventive care.
- The family physician should encourage good dental hygiene that includes brushing of the teeth and gums, and regular flossing.
- Dry mouth is also a possible side effect and can affect dental hygiene.
Definition of dental hygienist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.