Definition of depilatory in English:
Used to remove unwanted hair.
- Developed and tested in a government lab 10 years before, the dehairing system removed hair and dirt from beef carcasses by spraying them with depilatory chemicals as they moved through a massive chamber.
- In the ‘mountain humbled’ towns of the Andes, he stumbles upon a scheme to import the sap of a bobohuariza tree and market it as an organic depilatory treatment.
- According to beauty experts, the number of men seeking the painful depilatory treatment has soared 10-fold over the past five years.
noun (plural depilatories)Back to top
A cream or lotion for removing unwanted hair.
- Many hand and body lotions, facial creams, soaps and depilatories contain honey, which can be used on sensitive skin.
- If this is a concern for you, remove the hair with wax, depilatories or electrolysis.
- The usual remedies for unwanted hair include plucking, shaving, waxing or chemical depilatories, but all of them are temporary, as none damage the hair follicle.
Definition of depilatory in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan