verb[no object] North American
- Disembark from an aircraft: we landed and deplanedMore example sentences
- As soon as the passengers deplaned, the aircraft was cleared to depart.
- It now requires all aircraft operators who enplane or deplane passengers into a sterile area at a Part 107 airport to conduct screening before departure.
- While larger aircraft require gate areas that accommodate some 500 passengers deplaning, boarding or waiting, regional carriers want to get their average 80-person planeload in and out fast.
More definitions of deplaneDefinition of deplane in:
- The US English dictionary