- Remove feathers from (a bird): (as adjective depluming) a depluming scabies mite that commonly affects parrotsMore example sentences
- None of its limbs should be cut, skinned or immersed in hot water or feathers be deplumed without making sure of its death.
- If these skin lesions are found then it seems reasonable to suspect that depluming mites are prevalent.
- The carcass is then deplumed and rinsed using a conventional picker with ambient temperature salt-water.
late Middle English: from Old French desplumer or medieval Latin deplumare, from des-, de- (expressing reversal) + Latin pluma 'feather'.
More definitions of deplumeDefinition of deplume in:
- The US English dictionary