- 1 another term for depth of field.More example sentences
- They are necessary for locating objects rapidly in the fovea or for changing the depth of focus of the eye from one object to another within the visual field.
- Optical microscopy does not have sufficient resolution or depth of focus for studying cell separation and breakage.
- However, a practical depth of focus would be ~ 10 m, since the images slightly out of focus were also processed.
- 2The distance between the two extreme axial points behind a lens at which an image is judged to be in focus.More example sentences
- In addition, it is difficult to change between laser lines rapidly, and it is difficult to retain the exact depth of focus of the different excitation wavelengths.
- Because the depth of focus in these experiments was ~ 2 [mu] m, particles from several different planes are captured in the images.
- The depth of focus and high-resolution magnification yield data about technology and composition.
More definitions of depth of focusDefinition of depth of focus in:
- The US English dictionary