Definition of derealization in English:
A feeling that one’s surroundings are not real, especially as a symptom of mental disturbance.
- Part of it measures five symptom areas: amnesia, depersonalization, derealization, identity confusion, and identity alteration.
- Other potential symptoms include acusis, synesthesia, tactile paresthesias, illusions, distortions of body image, derealization, depersonalizations, and mood disturbances.
- Other aspects include dealing with derealization / dissociation, idealization/devaluation, harsh self-evaluation, and anxiety and depression.
- derealized adjective
- Example sentences
- A provisional answer would be the rejected one: a return to the particulars of everyday life, to an experience that had been abstracted and derealized in the horizon of language.
- While we may strive for authenticity in our personal lives, this is no longer possible in contemporary visual culture: any attempt to do so will be derealized by the real virtuality of hyper-realism.
- Meanwhile, the stories we continue to tell are derealized.
Definition of derealization in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.