Definition of derecognize in English:
Withdraw recognition of (an organization or country): none of the agencies will be allowed to derecognize any of the trade unions
More example sentences
- ‘We will not recognize or derecognize student organizations based upon their viewpoints,’ he told the Daily newspaper.
- The council arrogantly believed ordinary staff would not respond to the strike call but they finally realised that we would not allow the council to derecognise our union.
- That is because many recent recognition agreements were at companies that had previously derecognised the union, but where membership remained at relatively high levels.
- Example sentences
- Tension was also high following government derecognition of loyalist ceasefires.
- The wave of victories was the sharpest edge of a revival of union organisation in the media after years of union derecognition which has led to low pay and poor working conditions across the industry.
- Bosses see victory over the social workers as an important part in the derecognition process.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.