Definition of dermatophyte in English:
A pathogenic fungus that grows on skin, mucous membranes, hair, nails, feathers, and other body surfaces, causing ringworm and related diseases.
- They are caused by fungi called dermatophytes that live on skin, hair, and nails and thrive in warm, moist areas.
- Diagnostic tests may include skin scrapings, hair combings, a dermatophyte culture, blood work, and skin biopsies.
- Like itraconazole, fluconazole is active against common dermatophytes, Candida species and some nondermatophytic molds.
- Example sentences
- Our case emphasizes the possibility of deep dermatophytic infections in immunocompromised patients.
- This composition can be topically applied to dermatophytic infection for treating the same.
- This agent has activity against many fungi with excellent activity against dermatophytic fungi.
Definition of dermatophyte in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.