Definition of dermatophyte in English:
A pathogenic fungus that grows on skin, mucous membranes, hair, nails, feathers, and other body surfaces, causing ringworm and related diseases.
- They are caused by fungi called dermatophytes that live on skin, hair, and nails and thrive in warm, moist areas.
- Diagnostic tests may include skin scrapings, hair combings, a dermatophyte culture, blood work, and skin biopsies.
- Like itraconazole, fluconazole is active against common dermatophytes, Candida species and some nondermatophytic molds.
- Example sentences
- Our case emphasizes the possibility of deep dermatophytic infections in immunocompromised patients.
- This composition can be topically applied to dermatophytic infection for treating the same.
- This agent has activity against many fungi with excellent activity against dermatophytic fungi.
Definition of dermatophyte in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan