1 Linguistics A word or expression used to describe or identify something.
- Values are expressed as mean [+ or -] SD, and the word descriptors are expressed as [chi square] or by p value.
- Next, I determined whether the literature distribution is different across different key word descriptors describing environmental endocrine disruption.
- The descriptor words themselves appeared one or more times within a particular obituary or across different obituaries.
2 Computing A piece of stored data that indicates how other data is stored.
- Since Linux stores the process descriptor and the kernel mode process stack in a single 8KB memory area, we can use this fact and avoid allocating memory for labeling the subjects.
- Method of scheduling interrupts to the linked lists of transfer descriptors scheduled at intervals on a serial bus
- Scanning an array of descriptors or waiting for data consumes processing time.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: de|scrip¦tor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.