- A glass container or other apparatus holding a drying agent for removing moisture from specimens and protecting them from water vapour in the air.More example sentences
- The supernatant was discarded and the pellets were dried in a desiccator over silica gel for 24 h and then extracted for the various assays.
- The resuspended pellets were placed into 35 mm petri-dishes and then sealed in a desiccator over silica-gel at 30°C for 58 days.
- Prior to radiation treatments, seed moisture was equilibrated to 12.5% in an airtight desiccator with a solution of 60% glycerol for 5 days.
More definitions of desiccatorDefinition of desiccator in:
- The US English dictionary