1.1The amount held by a dessertspoon, in the UK considered to be 11.8 millilitres when used as a measurement in cooking.
- Add one dessertspoon of honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Spoon dessertspoons of batter into the pan and cook on a medium heat until the underside begins to brown and the tops look lightly set.
- Make a small roux by melting about 20 g butter and flour (roughly a dessertspoon of each) together in a saucepan.
noun (plural dessertspoonfuls)
- Example sentences
- Add a dash of brown sugar (about a dessertspoonful) to the meat and a couple of teaspoonfuls of pesto to the vegetables.
- Scatter half a chopped onion, half a garlic clove, and 2 dessertspoonfuls of salt over meat.
- Drop a scant dessertspoonful of the mixture on to lightly oiled oven trays, leaving room for spreading.
Definition of dessertspoon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.