Pronunciation: /ˈdiːtɒks /[mass noun]
- A process or period of time in which one abstains from or rids the body of toxic or unhealthy substances; detoxification: he ended up in detox for three months [count noun]: I’d been waiting to get into the clinic for a detox [as modifier]: a detox programmeMore example sentences
- They started by studying men and women at all levels of drinking from abstention to those in detox for full-blown alcohol problems.
- She gives birth, he's vomiting in detox in a nearby hospital room.
- Acupuncture works best if the person is in detox.
Pronunciation: /diːˈtɒks /[no object] Back to top
- Abstain from or rid the body of toxic or unhealthy substances: he checked into a hospital to detox [with object]: both my mind and my body were detoxedMore example sentences
- Whether you are detoxing your body, your home or an area you live in, research it first.
- A diet of salad, soups, fish and pasta, with plenty of spring water, juices and herbal teas will leave them detoxed from the inside out.
- Twisting is [also] wonderful for detoxing the internal organs, such as the liver and intestines.
More definitions of detoxDefinition of detox in:
- The US English dictionary