- Colour blindness resulting from insensitivity to green light, causing confusion of greens, reds, and yellows. Compare with protanopia.More example sentences
- The genetic cause has been determined for several color vision defects, achromatopsia (the loss of all color vision), blue monochromatism, protanopia, deuteranopia, and enhanced S-cone syndrome.
- Red-green deficiency (deuteranopia) is the most frequently diagnosed deficiency.
- But it's important to remember that a measurable percentage of men have red-green colorblindness (deuteranopia); instructing them to click the green box for yes or the red box for no, for example, should be avoided.
More definitions of deuteranopiaDefinition of deuteranopia in:
- The US English dictionary